Unlock all the benefits of a Grant renewable heating system with MCS certification on your Grant renewable install
Grant G-CERT MCS Certification Scheme
G-CERT is a new scheme from Grant UK, through which Grant can certify renewable installations for MCS accreditation on behalf of the installer. Under the G-CERT Scheme, engineers who meet the scheme’s criteria (please see below) can install RHI eligible systems without needing to be MCS accredited because Grant UK will provide the following:
- Act as the MCS accredited organisation
- Assist with the heat loss calculation, heat pump/biomass boiler/solar system selection, DNO application (where applicable), risk assessments, and ErP package labels
- Commission each system and sign off the installation on behalf of the installer
- Supply the end-user Handover Folder
- Notify Building Control of the installation
- Complete all necessary notifications including: registering each install on the MCS Database, registering each install for the Workmanship Warranty Insurance and registering the products for their Grant guarantee.
How do installers qualify for G-CERT?
To join G-CERT, installers must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum of 5 years relevant installation experience
- Have relevant qualifications and provide appropriate evidence
- Complete Grant product training for relevant technologies
- Have a reputable trading history, adequate public liability insurance, and provide suitable business references
- Comply with Grant UK’s Sub-Contractors’ Agreement and agree to undertake the servicing of installations for a minimum of 7 years
What benefits can G-CERT offer to installers?
The G-CERT Scheme is designed to offer support for installers with some of the benefits including:
- Grant will produce the full customer Handover Folder
- 1 visit by Grant to commission and certify the system for MCS and assist the installer with the handover of the system
- Reduce the time and costs associated with MCS accreditation – less desk-based administration
- Installer does not need to operate a MCS Quality System
- Access extended product guarantees
- Build a closer working relationship with Grant, a market leading heating manufacturer.
What benefits can installers then offer to their customers?
The principal benefit for end-users will be having access to the Government’s Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive payments. All of Grant’s air source heat pumps, biomass boilers, solar thermal systems and VortexAir Hybrids are MCS approved and therefore eligible for the RHI. When these products are commissioned by an MCS accredited engineer, homeowners will be able to apply for RHI payments earning financial rewards for their renewable heating system.
In addition, products installed under the G-CERT Scheme will be eligible for guarantees of up to 5 years (subject to Terms and Conditions) so homeowners will benefit from years of reliable, sustainable home heating.
Homeowners will also have the added peace of mind that comes with efficient and effective compliance with MCS installation standards. MCS approved products must meet specific energy efficiency requirements and MCS accredited engineers must install and work within the parameters of high guideline standards. Grant UK are MCS accredited so when their in-house engineers attend site to complete the commissioning process, they will ensure that the MCS standards are being adhered to and applied.
Furthermore, MCS standards stipulate that their companies are members of a suitable consumer protection scheme. One such scheme is the Renewable Energy Consumer Code who have a set of standards which protect consumers who have renewable technologies fitted within their property. Grant Engineering (UK) Ltd are members of RECC so, under G-CERT, end-users benefit from added consumer protection.
For further information
If you’re interested in the scheme and would like to learn more, here are some step-by-step documents which illustrate how the scheme works.
Applying for G-Cert
If you’re ready to take the next steps click here to complete the on-line application form and we will be in touch.
If you have any queries email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01380 736920. Alternatively you can find details for your local Sales Manager here.