Vacancy- Warehouse Manager
A vacancy has arisen within the Purchasing and Stock Control Department for a Warehouse Manager to run our Warehouse, manage and control our physical stock and transportation of goods both in and out of the warehouse. the role will concentrate on the following areas and skills:
- must have good leadership skills and ensure the smooth running of the warehouse operation within the company’s policies and procedures, understanding how the warehouse contributes to GUK’s vision
- organised and systematic, ensuring delivery deadlines are met to schedule
- planning and scheduling skills in order to lead, manage and motivate the team to meet/ exceed productivity targets
- monitor the ordering and dispatching of goods, check quality of the goods both in and out
- managing stock take/ stock control systems ensuring inventory balances are accurate
- maintain standards of health and safety, and security in the work environment
- oversee the planned maintenance of forklifts, machinery and equipment
- have an ability to suggest measures to suggest measures of improvement and development of the warehouse
- liaise with internal department, suppliers and transport companies.
- negotiate rates with transport companies (in conjunction with Purchasing manager)
The following skills and abilities are essential for this role:
- Previous experience of working in a Warehouse with familiarity in all stock control processes
- previous experience in transportation management including import/export
- capable of working under pressure and as part of a team
- have a working knowledge of sage or a similar package plus Microsoft office, especially outlook and excel
- experience with computerized systems and with respect to barcode scanning
- good communication and negotiating skills along with first rate Maths and English
- excellent attention to detail is essential
The hours of work are 8:00am-5:00pm Monday to Thursday and 8:00am- 4:30pm Friday, with an hour for lunch, although some flexibility is required.
Salary is negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you have strong leadership abilities and are highly motivated, enthusiastic, pay attention to detail, have a can-do attitude and the relevant experience, please forawrd your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.